Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reforming Wall Street

A Piggy bank (penny bank/money box)Image via Wikipedia
I'm sorry I know this stuff is way boring for a lot of people, but I've found a couple of articles that I found informative.  For those wanting to hear a bit more history and background about big banks and the last couple of decades, read on:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203804204577016160354571908.html?mod=WSJ_article_comments#articleTabs%3Darticle

Money in the Bank PPV's logoImage via Wikipedia
The above is a Mike Mayo article, with a brief explanation of big bank money and how there is no one to provide a check or balance to the big banks... except him.  :)  Outside of the I told you so pride shown in the article, it is very good!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/opinion/sunday/douthat-our-reckless-meritocracy.html

Mr. Kennedy retrieving the Money in the Bank b...Image via Wikipedia
This article from the New York times also provides views on some of the same groups.  It lauds the high intelligence and drive of modern leaders, but challenges to find modern leaders that also have some humility or humanity.  I like it too. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: